THE WHITE YEAR: Whigs, Wars, and Washington
In A Gentle Feast, your family will be studying the same color year. Here is what is covered specifically in The White Year:
You will need the White Year Parent Resources. What’s included:
1. Foundational Methods and Principles ebook
This 90 page ebook contains a wealth of information to help you get started using a Gentle Feast. It explores each subject and gives you practical help for each part of the feast. Miss Mason’s practices of narration, copywork/dictation, and scheduling are clearly laid out and explained. There are printable templates to use for creating exam questions, assessing your teaching, and weekly planning. Sample 4 and 5 day schedules are included for each Form. This book will give you the tools you need to prepare a rich and varied educational feast for your family.
This ebook is available as a digital download and in a printed version. The printed copy has a color cover and black/white pages in order to keep costs low. Printing and shipping takes 7-10 business days.
Click HERE to see a sample.
2. Morning Time Packet
36 weeks of plans for grades 1-12 in the following subjects:
- Bible- Memory Verses, Weekly OT, Psalms and NT readings
- Hymn Study- Lyrics included
- Poet Study- 3 poets for the year, all poems included
- Recitation- Poetry for Forms I-III and poems, Shakespeare, and speeches for Form IV – All selections included.
- Picture Study- One artist each term with hyperlinked pieces
- Composer Study- One composer each term with hyperlinked selections
- Fables/ Hero Tales- Readings given for four different levels. Pick the one that fits your family best!
ALL THE HYMNS, ART, CLASSICAL MUSIC, AND POET STUDY ARE BASED ON THIS TIME PERIOD.
Click HERE for a sample of the morning time packet.
The morning time packet is available as a digital download or a print version. The print version has a color cover and black/white pages to keep costs low. Printing and shipping takes 7-10 business days.
3. Weekly Lesson Plans
36 weekly lesson plans for grades 1-12 for all subjects except Math.
These plans will be emailed to you as a printable pdf. and you will have access to online spreadsheets in the membership area.
A planning video shows you how to customize these plans for your family and quickly plan your week.
- Please note: You will need to purchase the living books and a few guides that are utilized in these plans. See the sample booklist for more information.
4. Membership Page
Included in your package is a 18 month membership to the White Year Membership Page.
On this page, you will find links to all the lesson plans, resources, and schedules needed to make implementing A Gentle Feast a breeze.
Membership also includes access to the Private Facebook group for members only.
BONUS: 5 Day Email Introduction Course
In this Introduction Course, you will learn:
- How to organize your supplies and materials for A Gentle Feast
- How to plan and record your weekly lessons
- The routines and rhythms of A Gentle Feast
- The foundational methods and principles of Language Arts in A Charlotte Mason Education
- How to customize A Gentle Feast for your family
- The role of the Holy Spirit in your homeschooling
You will also need to purchase student Language Arts Packets.
Click on each level below for more information.